Temperatures are already starting to fall in the Northeast, and that means below-freezing temperatures aren’t too far away. Is your home’s plumbing ready for the fall? Preparing your plumbing now means you’ll experience fewer issues when temperatures continue to fall, and snow arrives. Fall is the perfect season to get on top of plumbing maintenance. Check out these tips for preparing your plumbing for fall:
- Detach all outdoor hoses from hose bibs to prevent busted hoses from frozen lines. This includes swimming pool hoses and water feature hoses too!
- Test your water valves to make sure they turn on and off easily. In the event of frozen pipes that burst, you need to be able to turn off the water quickly.
- Clear clogs for better drainage and to prevent pipe damage.
- Insulate pipes along exterior walls such as those under bathroom or kitchen sinks. This prevents freezing when temperatures dip below freezing.
- Schedule a professional plumbing maintenance service with your local plumbing service to check for hidden leaks.
At Stahl Plumbing, we want you to have uninterrupted plumbing all year long. Pittsburgh winters get cold, and a well-maintained plumbing system handles temperature changes better. Taking care of small problems now prevents serious and costly damage in the future. Our team of licensed residential plumbers uses the latest technology to clear clogs, inspect for sewer damage, replace broken water valves, and find hidden leaks. We service many neighborhoods in Pittsburgh and throughout Allegheny County. To schedule a plumbing repair, replacement or maintenance job, call us. We also offer 24/7 emergency plumbing service for when unexpected problems arise. Get in touch with us today at (412)273-1000.