Hydro-jetting is an advanced drain cleaning service that's used in residential and commercial plumbing systems. Not only is it quick and effective, but it can also reduce your plumbing repair costs. In this post, you'll learn more about the benefits of hydro-jetting, when it's used, and why it's a good investment for your pipes.
Benefits of Hydro-jetting Service
Has it been suggested to you that you get hydro-jetting service? Maybe your plumber mentioned it to you during your last maintenance service call. Or, perhaps a neighbor or friend recently had the service done, and you're wondering if it's a good idea for your home. The answer is yes, and here are 5 reasons why:
- It cleans better: Unlike traditional cabling, hydro-jetting scours away every bit of dirt and debris. Cabling cuts through clogs but can't get everything out of the pipe.
- It protects your pipes: Hydro-jetting is very powerful, but it's a gentle lion. Although the high-pressure water stream is fierce, it's safe for all pipes.
- It sees everything: The service is often paired with a sewer camera inspection service. Therefore, you're a plumber is able to see exactly what causes the clog and is able to 100% confirm that the clog was dissolved after the service too.
- Chemical-free: Hydro-jetting doesn't use any chemicals. People enjoy the fact of knowing that this type of drain cleaning service is 100% eco-friendly.
- Sanitary: Are you worried about bacteria in your pipes? Hydro-jetting clears away all bacteria and leaves your pipes germ-free.
When Is Hydro-jetting Used?
This drain cleaning service is used most often when a home or business has a deep clog in the plumbing system. It is used in sewer pipes and main water lines. It's a non-invasive service that's ideal for plumbing systems that haven't had drain cleaning service in years. After many years, the pipes and drains in a home or business develop quite a bit of sludge. It's not possible to get rid of all traces of dirt and debris using a cable. That's when hydro-jetting comes in handy. It cleans those old, dirty pipes and makes them like new again.
Some people choose to have hydro-jetting done right after plumbing installation services. This is more common with commercial builds when the sewer pipes may have been compromised during construction. Construction sites get dirty, and you find things like dried concrete, trash, and other construction material in sewer pipes. Hydro-jetting assures your new pipes look and act like new pipes.
Why Hydro-jetting Is a Good Investment
The thought of new plumbing installation isn't something people want to consider any more than they need to. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to ensure you didn't need to call a plumbing installation contractor for emergency sewer pipe installation because a large clog broke the sewer line?
Good news! There is a way, and it's regular hydro-jetting drain cleaning service. How often you need it done depends on your home's waste load, age of pipes, and service schedule. Ask your knowledgeable plumber for their professional recommendations.
Do you need a knowledgeable plumber? Call Stahl Plumbing with all your questions or when you need local emergency plumbing services in Pittsburgh, PA.