When your air conditioning isn’t working, it’s not unusual to feel panicked and unsure of what to do. The good news is that there are plenty of air conditioning problems that are easily fixed by knowledgeable homeowners. Check out these common air conditioning problems and their quick fixes:
- Warm air coming from the vents: Before you call for HVAC service, check your thermostat. Is it set correctly? Does it have working batteries?
- AC is leaking water: If everything seems to be working fine, but you find a trail of water leading away from your inside unit, check the air filter. A dirty air filter can cause lines to freeze and then thaw.
- Outside unit isn’t turning on: Check the circuit breaker to make sure the circuit didn’t accidentally get tripped. Sometimes this happens during a storm. If the circuit is tripped, try turning it back on. Did that work? If it didn’t, call an AC repair service.
- AC cycles on and off too much: Is your thermostat set correctly? You might need to adjust the temperature settings.
- AC runs too long on a hot day: If you’re trying to cool the house to a temperature that’s 20 degrees lower or more than the outside temperature, you’ll find your AC runs longer or more often. Consider cooling the house off with fans or shutting the curtains to help the AC do its job.
Not all air conditioning problems are solved so easily. Some require professional air conditioning service by licensed technicians. If you find yourself dealing with an emergency situation, call Stahl Plumbing. We offer a variety of HVAC services including air conditioning repair, air conditioning replacement, and maintenance services. Our team of experienced technicians will thoroughly examine your AC unit and make recommendations based on their expert diagnosis. No matter what problems you’re having, we work hard to provide you with quality services and do our best to offer the most affordable options. Call us today at 412-273-1000 to discuss your air conditioning issues and schedule an appointment.